Due to the Covid-19 situation, current guidance is for visitors NOT to contact us, but to contact their own GP in the first instance.
GPs across the country have been consulting over the telephone or via video consultation. Face to face appointments are only being offered where necessary, for example where an examination is required. If you are on holiday and need treatment you should contact your own GP, who can offer a remote consultation and send a prescription electronically to a local pharmacy. If your GP is unable to help, visitors should then contact NHS 111 who will direct you to the most appropriate local service.
All our local pharmacies can receive prescriptions electronically.
If you have either forgotten your medication or lost it, your own GP surgery can send the prescription via the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) to a local pharmacy of your choice. Please call your GP surgery and request your medication to be sent electronically to a local pharmacy, you will need to give them the name and postcode of the pharmacy you wish to collect from (see list below)
This is the quickest way for you to receive your medication.
Newquay Area (including Crantock, Cubert, Holywell Bay, Newlyn East and Watergate)
- Newquay Health Centre, St Thomas Road Tel: 01637 850002
- Narrowcliff Surgery, Narrowcliff Tel: 01637 854433
Perranporth Area (including Goonhavern, also Cubert and Holywell Bay)
- Perranporth Surgery, Beach Rd Tel: 01872 572255
St Columb Area (including St Mawgan, Bedruthan Steps, Fraddon, Indian Queens and Whiteacres Holiday Park)
- St Columb Major Surgery, Trekenning Rd Tel: 01637 880359
Padstow Area (including St Merryn)
- The Medical Centre, Boyd Avenue, Padstow Tel: 01841 532346
- Boots Newquay- 01637 872014
- Day Lewis St Thomas Road- 01637 851844
- Day Lewis Chester Road- 01637 872589
- Kayes Narrowcliff- 01637 872957
Before contacting the local GP practice consider the following options;
- General advice and over the counter treatments for many minor ailments such as sunburn, hayfever, stings, coughs and colds etc
- Lost / forgotten medication – most pharmacies in Newquay are able provide emergency medication during the peak holiday period (end of July – early Sept)
Newquay Minor Injuries Unit - Newquay Hospital
For an appointment at the Minor Injuries Unit patients must telephone 111 or visit NHS111 online.
- sprains and strains
- wound infections
- minor burns and scalds
- minor head injuries
- insect and animal bites
- minor eye injuries
- injuries to the back, shoulder and chest
Emergency Dental Helpline Tel: 01872 354375
- For any dental problems. They can help provide appointments locally. GPs cannot provide medication for dental issues.
- For telephone advice 24 hours a day, and out of hours GP cover.